Notes from Children’s Sunday School
Following our study of the Apostle Paul, Emma Williams did some research into Paul’s letters. Here’s what she found, in her own words:
- Paul wrote a letter to the people of Corinth that the church is like the human body. There are different parts and they are all equally important. In a church, all the people are equally important.
- He also said if you don’t love, you are nothing. And he said how powerful love is.
- Paul knew how important it was to persuade people to follow the teachings of Jesus. He said, “If you follow Jesus, you will find that you can overcome your worst instincts.”
- Paul wrote that Christ rose from the dead. All who call themselves Christian must believe in this. Christ died to save us from our sins.
- Paul wrote many letters while he was living under arrest in Rome. He wrote letters to the Ephesians, to the Philippians, to his friend Philemon, and to his old friend Timothy.
Rev. David Wolcott
Elizabeth Church Manor
863 Front Street, Apt. 332A
Binghamton, NY 13905
Update on Bath Community
The BC3 Team (short for Bath Community Clothes Closet!) is happy to share that in 2018, from its opening date of June 14 through the end of the year, clothes were provided to 113 children, from 44 families! As a reminder, the Bath Community Clothes Closet provides new and gently used clothing to infants and children (up to size 14). Currently, we are able to give each child three outfits, a pair of pajamas, three pairs of underwear, and socks. And parents are welcome to return every two months for more clothes as they are needed. BC3 has expanded its service in the winter season, as we now have coats, hats, and scarves available in all sizes – infants, children, and adults. This is a ministry that Turning Point asked us to take on, and we gladly accepted.
Thank you to all who have donated in any way to this new ministry endeavor. Your donations of clothing, coats, and cash are greatly appreciated, and keep them coming! If you would like a tour of the Bath Community Clothes Closet, please see any BC3 team member (listed below).
Our shelves are quite well stocked at present, so please refer to us families in need of assistance with children’s clothing. Hours of operation each month are: first Wednesday, 6-8 p.m.; second Thursday, 11-2 p.m.; third Tuesday, 11-2 p.m.; fourth Monday, 4-7 p.m. Or appointments can be made by calling the church office at 776-3434.
To God be the glory for the great things he has done through this warm and caring ministry to our neighbors!
BC3 Team Members: Guila Armstrong, Dan Bunce, Pastor Eleanor Collinsworth, Donna Fiske, Holly Gleason, Donna Keen, Kathy Putman, Jaci Stonier, Sheila Wilson, Stephanie Witt