It's SCHOOL & HYGIENE [HEALTH] KIT time when we watch for the summer sales of items we include in the kits we have been putting together for many years. Our church people have been most generous in supplying the items needed for these kits that go to many parts of the world. Items should not contain any advertisements or symbols of any kind.
- Round tip scissors,
- Box of 24 crayons
- One-subject notebooks
- Loose-leaf notebook paper 100-200 sheet pack]
- Hand held pencil sharpeners
- 12" ruler that includes centimeters & inches
- Unsharpened pencils with erasers
- Eraser 2 inches or larger
HYGIENE [HEALTH] KIT:
- 1 hand towel (15" x 25" to 17" x 27" no kitchen towels)
- 1 washcloth
- 1 comb (large and sturdy)
- 1 fingernail clipper
- 1 bath-size bar of soap (3 oz. and up)
- 1 toothbrush (single brushes only in original wrapper)
- 6 adhesive plastic strip sterile bandages
Thank you for your help in contributing to this project.
Donna McIntire, President UMW
August Sermon Series:
Faith Lessons from Sports
In August we will be exploring the Christian walk and how sports can help us understand how to run the race well.
August 4: Matthew 16:24-27
August 11: 1 Corinthians 12:12-18
August 18: John 15: 12-16
August 25: 2 Corinthians 4:8-12
You are invited to wear your favorite sports teams jerseys throughout the Sundays in August!
In September, we will begin a 31-week journey through Scripture chronologically. We will take a break for Advent and Christmas but resume our journey after the Christmas season. The church is purchasing an abridged version of Scripture for each family. Together we will read through the Bible.
We will also be offering small groups to study each chapter of the Story together. You are invited through the month of August to sign up in the Narthex for a small group so we can go deeper in our understanding of God’s Story, our story.