What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is . . .
* a child of God who walks beside a hurting person
* a caring Christian friend who really listens
* a lay person who has received 50 hours of
training in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
A Stephen Minister is not . . .
* a counselor or therapist
* a problem-solver
* a casual visitor
Stephen Ministry helps meet the needs of individuals who are . . .
* terminally ill
* in a job crisis
* new members of the church
* in a spiritual crisis
* looking for a caring, Christian friend
Consider allowing a Stephen Minister to walk with you on your journey to wholeness.
To request a Stephen Minister, please call Pastor Eleanor Collinsworth at 607-776-3434 (church), or email her at email@example.com.
Pastor Collinsworth or another Stephen Leader will return your confidential call.
Stephen Ministers are Called to be Caregivers: